Why are we afraid to show our feelings?
It can be daunting to put yourself out there and declare your romantic intentions, particularly when you've been friends up to this point. In many ways, it can be easier and the "transaction" more upfront when we click with strangers. An article on over on Psychology Today might have the answers to the following question.
7 Reasons Most People Are Afraid of Love
- Real love makes us feel vulnerable.
- New love stirs up past hurts.
- Love challenges an old identity.
- With real joy comes real pain.
- Love is often unequal.
- Relationships can break your connection to your family.
- Love stirs up existential fears.
Fight or Flight?
With your newfound self-awareness, toddle over and buy our 'Declare a Crush Day' Valentine's card and take the ultimate risk.
Maybe this love declaration scene from 'When Harry Met Sally' will give you a few pointers when you meet. Good Luck!